Over the years we have come to know that CBD can help promote an active mind and body, which makes it extremely beneficial in physical activities. Upon finding the importance of CBD in sports, many questions cross our minds; are there any athletes using CBD products? Which CBD products are beneficial for athletes? Does it help improve their performance? And what is the best way for an athlete to consume CBD?
Let us try to find the answers to these questions. Also, let us explore the way CBD helps provide aid in improved efficiency of professional athletes.
The Successful Combination Of CBD And Sports:
We all know that professional athletes work out almost daily in order to train their bodies and mind to stay at the top of their game. However, excessive exercise sometimes causes body and muscle stiffness; which can lead to pain and soreness in muscles. These drawbacks of workouts can affect the outcomes of their performance. To get rid of pain and inflammation, many athletes have added CBD to their workout routine.
We serve one of the greatest examples of how CBD advantages may help athletes get the most out of their workouts. The reigning champ of Smilz, Floyd Mayweather, recommends a few important Smilz CBD items, one being Smilz CBD oil. They are proven to be a successful aid in such physical ailments.
An Introduction To CBD:
Most of you already know about CBD, its origin, and its benefits. But for the people who do not know yet, cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol are the compounds found in the hemp plants with hundreds of other compounds. CBD and THC are used to manufacture CBD products that can be highly beneficial for our wellbeing.
CBD helps provide the feeling of calmness and relaxation, while THC has been linked to psychoactive effects. However, the concentration of THC in CBD oil is only 0.3%, which makes it very unlikely, yet not impossible, for us to feel high.
The Endocannabinoid System:
During research on CBD and its health benefits, scientists discovered the biological system of neurotransmitters, known as the Endocannabinoid system. This system is capable of naturally producing cannabinoids that provide aid in numerous health issues. ECS helps in maintaining homeostasis, which regulates physiological conditions like temperature, mood, and pain. CBD and THC bind with the receptors of ECS, to promote health benefits and block cannabinoid breakdown by enzymes.
CBD Research And Studies:
Many preclinical studies have suggested CBD as a highly beneficial medical aid for athletes. Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties help in managing pain and inflammation.
Can Athletes Legally Consume CBD?
The short answer is: yes.
In 2018, the FDA permitted the cultivation and production of hemp plants for legal use. Therefore, athletes are not prohibited to take advantage of CBD. However, some guidelines must be kept in mind before consuming any CBD product. The FDA only allowed the cultivation of the U.S grown hemp plant as it is low in THC.
Smilz CBD oil is one hundred percent organic, and is professionally extracted from the U.S grown hemp plant.
What Athletes Are Using CBD?
Floyd Mayweather: Frequently regarded as the greatest boxer of all time. Mayweather is a living legend that has held multiple world titles in five weight classes. He has advocated CBD on many occasions and is a proud Smilz ambassador.
Megan Rapinoe: Megan Rapinoe is known as a soccer legend and has been extensively praised for her captaincy in the U.S women's national team. Rapinoe has spoken about the natural healing benefits of CBD. According to her, CBD oil has been a part of her daily routine for a long time now.
Rob Gronkowski: A former football team leader, he has opened up about the rewards of CBD for athletes. He spoke about how CBD improved his overall wellbeing in his earlier career days. He publicly requested the NFL to legalize the use of CBD for fast healing from pain and injuries.
Mike Tyson: There is not a single sports fan that has not heard about Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson was the world heavyweight boxing champion. He has been promoting CBD publicly as a remedy against pain and inflammation.
Benefits Of CBD For Athletes:
Here are some potential benefits CBD oil carries for professional athletes:
- Pain relief: The biggest problem any athletes face throughout their professional career is pain and soreness in muscles. The proper dosage of Smilz CBD product can help manage pain and regain the strength needed to achieve most any athletic goal.
- Better Sleep Quality: CBD oil can help promote calmness and relaxation after a long, tiring day. It can help improve sleep quality, which should lead to a feeling of being more refreshed when awake.
- Inflammatory Comfort: An inflammation is a process of healing any injury or infection. Sometimes the inflammation takes more than the required time, which causes many health problems. CBD oil may help speed up the process of inflammation, and may help in a faster recovery.
- Stress and Anxiety: An athlete has to face many stressful events throughout their career. The questions and demands of the public can lead to many negative thoughts. A professional player might also feel anxious in certain events, such as a big match or a fear of losing. CBD might provide a helping aid to overcome these negative thoughts and feelings.
- Weight Loss: Despite all the exercise and workouts one may do, many athletes still find it hard to achieve the ideal body, which is a requirement of a sports career. CBD oil help promote weight loss and muscle gain by affecting the appetite through your ECS.
Drawbacks Of CBD:
CBD is a natural remedy which means that it is unlikely to cause any side effects. However, it highly depends on the dosage and quality of CBD that is taken. A study conducted on side effects of CBD in 2017 concluded the following common side effects CBD consumers have faced:
- Change in weight
- Change in appetite
Best Ways To Take CBD:
These are the best possible ways to consume CBD if you are a professional athlete or engage yourself in daily strenuous, physical exercises.
- Tinctures: Place a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue and hold them there for 30 to 60 seconds. This way it enters the blood flow directly and provides swift and more efficient outcomes.
- CBD capsules: After taking CBD capsules, it enters the blood flow through the digestive system. It is the easiest and most common way to consume CBD.
- Coffees: For players who love to start their morning with a fresh and active feeling, CBD coffee is recommended. A sip of CBD coffee can provide energy and liveliness to your body.
- CBD gummies: The consumption of CBD gummies is a quick and convenient way to consume CBD.
The Suitable Dosage For Athletes:
The dosage of CBD products depends on the form you are consuming. If you are planning to take CBD oil tinctures, avoid consuming more than just a few drops a day. The oil enters the blood directly, therefore, the high dosage may lead to many side effects. However, if you are consuming CBD through CBD gummies, you can generally consume a higher dosage as they are less in strength and potency. However, we always recommend to start with the lowest dosage possible and increase slowly as needed.
CBD oil can be highly beneficial for athletes who plan to win in all aspects of life. CBD can help get rid of pain and inflammation, and can also improve sleep, as well as immune systems.